Wednesday, June 24, 2009

PPSMI

Why is education being politicized? Again, PPSMi is debated. Personally, PPSMI as well as the teaching of science and maths in English has indeed help many parties academically. The problem that I can see is the lack of training in this respect and inadequate knowledge in terms of writing and speaking in English. Some teachers will not ask whether their English is correct or not. Might be due to embarrassement or 'don't care' kind of attitute. These, lead to incorrect use of English. Some might not ask questions because they don't like teaching science and maths in English. For me, before implementing this we have to ask opinions from all people, besides check on teachers and students capabilities in dealing with English... am I right. We, as teachers should voice out our opinions on this matter rather than keeping quite or babbling behind. By voicing out our opinion we might see changes that we want..

1 comments:

Si Yoyop Bah... said...

My point of view- I like teaching Physics in Eng. Improve my Eng indirectly. Easier for me when travelling oversea.

 

A TALE OF A FABLED LADY © All Rights Reserved | Design and Illustration by Emila Yusof