Monday, August 17, 2009

Bini VS Isteri

What's the difference between bini and isteri? None. They do mean wife. For me wifey should be addressed properly. Called them nicely. I once got a counseling lecturer who kept on saying to not calling names to people. Just call them with fruits names but not animal thingy. So, he would called us with papayas, betik, pisang (but pisang connotes monkey, hehehehhe). Errrmm, I would always remember him because he always praised my beautiful-big eyes, though sometimes he sounds annoying. Back to square one. I mentioned to my hubby once we haven't got married on not to introduce me as bini, I don't like it. It sounds rude and disrespect. Some of you might view it differently. So far, hubby introduced me as isteri. ;-) which sounds really nice. Once in a while he would got a slip of the tongue and he would look at me as if asking to be excuse. Hehehehe.... ba, it's not a big sin so I won't bring the matter to a longer extend.

3 comments:

BeautifulSheera said...

Yup Dawn.. Bini sounds really not-okay for me.

Prefer to be addressed as isteri atau 'orang rumah'.. Ok sikit bunyi dia.. hahahahaha..

JMimie said...

setuju...sya pun sangat2 tidak suka dgr seorg suami refer isteri dia sbgai bini...it sounds like dia punya isteri rendah nilai/cheap bila kena panggil as bini...dunno why tapi rasa mcm konotasi bini sangat2 terukkk...heehee..

nc said...

ngam..isteri sounds more polite kn. no bini bini haha

 

A TALE OF A FABLED LADY © All Rights Reserved | Design and Illustration by Emila Yusof