Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Hope for joy




I am here invigilating Form 5 students answering their exam paper. It reminds me of my life as a student. It is reminiscence of yesteryear’s life. A life full of fun and joy. No need to think about other matters only to handle the pressure of being excellent. Sometimes, as a teacher I wonder why students these days are not that serious about their future… am I like them when I was their age? I guess not… neither am I a nerd. I play, jokes, and study at the same time. I know the latest trend (but I’m not a victim of it!), I know what’s hot on the playlists, I know the top band boy and their fav. (I try to grab for one but they didn’t even give a look at me). In fact, I knew almost everything but still I never fail in study. I am just a typical teenager with the urge to excel that’s why I strive for it. I take study seriously. Though, some will not view my achievement as a victory but I still give it a thumb up. As long as I work hard for it, then there is no regret in life. However, I am sad to see our future generation these days. Some don’t even bother what will happen to them. Some just follow the flows without making any adjustment to their life; they ended up feeling depressed and blame others. For me, whatever happened to us is our responsibility and we have to handle it and not blaming on others. And a teacher, I’m hoping for the best in my students’ future and hope they know how to balance their life between study and playing so that they would be able to answer all questions… Good luck students.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

we share the same views on this matter..students nowadays r not like us back then..i think the root of these problems stem from parents..i'm not saying all parents though..but,majority of parents out there..they r so absorbed in their work and r so oblivious and ignorant of their children..they dont mk the effort to attend any programs organized by the school that require their attendance..even report card pun they dont want 2 take..they rely heavily on the teachers in school to educate their children..if this goes on,i cant imagine what our future generation will be like:-(

nuranne said...

study is not their priority in life.

 

A TALE OF A FABLED LADY © All Rights Reserved | Design and Illustration by Emila Yusof